(copy-pasted from old website)

A quick update with a few changes that’ll hopefully fix a lot of crashes and make your gameplay experience a lot better ; 3

Going through the crash reports, I quickly realized that there were a lot of bugs that involved simple fixes, or, in the case of .sm file parsing, simple error catches. I admit, the current .sm compatibility of Beats isn’t so great. After all, I wrote the parser (alongside the rest of the alpha build of the app) in under 48hrs (sleep, or rather lack thereof, included), so things are very, VERY buggy. I will be completely rewriting it when I add in .dwi support in the next major release, and that’ll solve all the incompatibility issues. See the middle of this post for an example of what I mean…

Read the complete post and leave comments/feedback on the forums here.