[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Beats • View topic - Speed and other suggestions

Speed and other suggestions

Ideas for the next release go here. Check the ToDo list before posting.

Speed and other suggestions

Postby pluri on Feb 9th, '11, 09:16

Hey everyone,

some of you may know me, I am pluri, one of the former best german stepmania players.

First of all I want to thank the creators and supporters of this game, it is really perfect. I have been looking for a portable version of stepmania that comes the closest to it for months (even for iPad / iPhone). Yesterday I just got my new phone (old one was Nokia5800 XM), a brandnew Samsung i9000 Galaxy. It wasn't even 30 minutes where I started looking for a stepmania app, since this new Samsung has a way better touchscreen than the Nokia. I first found Stapmania, which is a quite good app for android, but they have some serious problems with the feeling and barely options to change. Then I found Beats, I was quite impressed right away. Some graphical and improvable problems but other than that, very nice. I like the reaction of that game and there is barely lags.
So thank you for that.

As this is a suggestions forum I would like to give mine, too. I've heard that you are gonna do a upside-down update with toucharrows on the bottom, which would've been my first suggestion, so I can't wait for that.

Then I would like to suggest a speed update, the speed right now is some sort of mix between x-mod and c-mod, correct me if I'm wrong. But it would be nice if there would actually be both of that, a option for c-mods and a option for x-mods. I don't know if that is difficult to script or to build in but that would be a huge improvement that stepmania players would be very grateful for. If this is not possible, please atleast increase the speed options. The maximum right now is what, 4x ? What would be nice is like in Stepmania to make x-mods beginning with lets say 1.5x and then increasing it for 0.5 until 8 or 9. 4x is too slow for many good players.

Then, I dont know if that is on the to-do list, a songwheel with playbacks of the songs and some infos about the song: BPM, Feet/Difficulty and whatsoever. That would be huge, since everytime you have to load a song first, then go back to the menu, then start the game and just then you can see some details about the song and you can actually hear it. Just my opinion :x

So practically a improved mix of Stapmania and Beats. And there you have the perfect portable simulation of Stepmania.

Thank you again and keep up the good work guys !

Best regards,

pluri
pluri

Re: Speed and other suggestions

Postby Stasis on Feb 9th, '11, 11:10

Stasis

Postby keripo on Feb 9th, '11, 12:46

keripo
Site Admin

Postby pluri on Feb 9th, '11, 16:03

Hey thanks alot there for the fast response. I tried out that new beta version that u uploaded but it crashes on full screen mode. Other than that i like it alot so far.

And i cant wait for future updates :) thanks again. I will upload some screens soon ;)
pluri

Return to Suggestions