Beats 1.5b

News and releases of Beats will be posted here.

Beats 1.5b

Postby keripo on Feb 14th, '11, 07:32

After tons of work into adding new features and optimizing to reduce/remove lag and increase framerate, Beats 1.5b is finally ready!

Beats 1.5b has TONS of new features, as described in the Changelog. Some of the most important features include:
  • osu! Mod and scroll up game modes
  • various new tapbox layouts
  • much, MUCH faster now and with less lag (even faster than 1.3b!)
  • lots of nifty shortcut buttons on the main menu
  • Russian, Dutch, and Italian translations (looking for translators, see here)

Not sure what this new "osu! Mod" game mode is all about? Check it out in the new gameplay video below:
Beats, Advanced Rhythm Game - 1.5b osu! Mod Gameplay [Android]

Over the next few weeks, Matt and I will be working on setting up a song posting bot for the forums (please contact me if you are familiar with phpbb3 forum scripting), so expect to see a lot of new song downloads from various song packs - I have tons of Vocaloid, VGMP, StepMix, and Otaku's Dream song packs ready for posting. In addition, I've created a new Beats Portable Google group where I will be releasing periodic development builds for testing/feedback and translations. Already planned for the next major Beats 1.6b update is Scoreloop integration, .dwi support (yes, I slack), .osu support (if peppy responds), and possibly even a sneak peak into new haptic feedback technology!

To keep things short (i.e. to prevent myself from ranting), hope you all enjoy the major update!

~Keripo
keripo
Site Admin

Re: Beats 1.5b

Postby GunmanZ on Feb 14th, '11, 17:39

Happy Valentine's day to you!!

I must say thanks for your hard work, i've been playing beats for weeks and every update just made it soooo much better and better :D ! Well done!!!
I'm very looking forward for .osu support (hopefully peppy will give permission), i remember a forum thread on osu! forum that there was some android port development going on http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27379&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=45 this one i think, maybe you guys could work together or something :D?

I just love music games soooooo much, having beats on my phone make me so happy when i'm away at home in a cafe or waiting between lectures :)

Fighting ! :mrgreen:
GunmanZ

Postby PizzaDancer on Feb 14th, '11, 23:41

Happy V-Day!
Awesome update! One step closer to OSU support! Great progress so far, I'm looking forward to next release.
PizzaDancer

Postby Imtifade on Feb 15th, '11, 16:56

Great update

EDIT: the auto play option on the main menus is invisible but still clickable what happened?
wow second most active forum member. well......
Imtifade

Postby Imtifade on Feb 23rd, '11, 15:02

Can't wait for score loop and ous support
wow second most active forum member. well......
Imtifade

Return to Beats Updates