Beats 1.7b FINAL is almost the same as Beats 1.7a-r570 (Beats 1.7b FINAL is r575). For those who haven't been keeping up with the Google group, here are the changes since 1.6.2b:
- tablet support!!!
- improved screen updating and scaling
- modified sliders and guidelines for osu! Mod
- smarter osu difficulty selection
- custom loadable graphics
- new SM-based default noteskin
- updated with Immersion MOTIV Haptic Effects, Version 3.4.73
- more touch-friendly main menu
- rearranged settings menus a bit
- translation update
- removed MobFox
While there are still a lot of unresolved bugs and minor feature requests, I will no longer be updating Beats but focusing on Beats2 (which will be far more stable and feature-filled). Instead, I have open sourced Beats 1.7b FINAL under the Modified BSD License. The source code can be found alongside the Beats2 source code here (svn/trunk/beats). If you wish to use the source code for your own projects, PLEASE read the ReadMe.txt first. Beats2 will be a completely new rewrite and also have a desktop version as well.
For those who have troubles running Beats 1.7b FINAL due to memory issues (e.g. some older phones running Android 1.6 will force close due to a RAM-related graphics-loading bug), you can always download older versions here. Otherwise, hope you enjoy the final release and look forward to Beats2!