Beats 1.5b

After tons of work into adding new features and optimizing to reduce/remove lag and increase framerate, Beats 1.5b is finally ready!

Beats 1.5b has TONS of new features, as described in the Changelog. Some of the most important features include:

• osu! Mod and scroll up game modes
  • various new tapbox layouts
  • much, MUCH faster now and with less lag (even faster than 1.3b!)
  • lots of nifty shortcut buttons on the main menu
  • Russian, Dutch, and Italian translations (looking for translators, see here)

Not sure what this new “osu! Mod” game mode is all about? Check it out in the new gameplay video below:
Beats, Advanced Rhythm Game – 1.5b osu! Mod Gameplay [Android]

Over the next few weeks, Matt and I will be working on setting up a song posting bot for the forums (please contact me if you are familiar with phpbb3 forum scripting), so expect to see a lot of new song downloads from various song packs – I have tons of Vocaloid, VGMP, StepMix, and Otaku’s Dream song packs ready for posting. In addition, I’ve created a new Beats Portable Google group where I will be releasing periodic development builds for testing/feedback and translations. Already planned for the next major Beats 1.6b update is Scoreloop integration, .dwi support (yes, I slack), .osu support (if peppy responds), and possibly even a sneak peak into new haptic feedback technology!

To keep things short (i.e. to prevent myself from ranting), hope you all enjoy the major update!

~Keripo

Post your comments and feedback in the forum thread here!