BEATS 1.5 - Some possible ideas

Suggestions that have been implemented as of the latest release.

BEATS 1.5 - Some possible ideas

Postby Stasis on Jan 26th, '11, 04:10

Can't wait for 1.5 to be released, but hopefully will have these too (other than the ones in the To-do list)

1. Scoreboard

I know that scoreboard is already coming (YAY), but I hope there is some personal scoreboard that does not need internet connection. Something like saving the top scores in the phone itself, and have the choice to submit that particular song online if you want.

2. Logo flip

Yes I know I am picky, but isn't it weird to have the logo still in vertical. :roll:

3. A title screen before main menu.

A possible idea is just have the logo at the title screen, and remove the logo from the main menu. :lol:

Hopefully there will be more optimisation soon (I know I am asking too much. :P )
Stasis

Re: BEATS 1.5 - Some possible ideas

Postby keripo on Jan 27th, '11, 06:06

Stasis wrote:Can't wait for 1.5 to be released, but hopefully will have these too (other than the ones in the To-do list)

1. Scoreboard

I know that scoreboard is already coming (YAY), but I hope there is some personal scoreboard that does not need internet connection. Something like saving the top scores in the phone itself, and have the choice to submit that particular song online if you want.

I will be using Scoreloop for score keeping, and I'm pretty sure Scoreloop does both a local and online scoreboard. If not, it won't be hard to add.

2. Logo flip

Yes I know I am picky, but isn't it weird to have the logo still in vertical. :roll:

3. A title screen before main menu.

A possible idea is just have the logo at the title screen, and remove the logo from the main menu. :lol:

If you can design a nice vertical layout that doesn't look weird and cramped, sure xD
I tried quite hard to have the logo rotated, but it just ended up not working out due to lack of vertical space. Feel free to try and post a picture/MSPaint job of what you think a better layout could be ; )

Hopefully there will be more optimisation soon (I know I am asking too much. :P )

Working on it. Been doing my homework - reading up articles, looking up code examples, and doing profiling/benchtests. You can follow the progress via the Changelog page. These "optimizations", however, are either purely proven on my own phone or purely theoretical improvements based on numbers. I only have one phone (a Samsung Captivate that runs Beats almost flawlessly without lag) and Matt doesn't even have an Android phone (he's working off a super slow emulator that can't even do real multi-touch). We can wish however hard we want to improve Beats, but without any actual hardware in our hands, there's not much we can do (other than point to the Donate page).

~Keripo
keripo
Site Admin

Return to Implemented