Audio resync

Ideas for the next release go here. Check the ToDo list before posting.

Audio resync

Postby leon1z on Aug 1st, '11, 01:27

I've been playing Beats for a quite time now, and i've found something.
it's about the audio resync in option>Advance. I have tested various options, and then i discovered that because of this Audio resynce, the rhyme runs faster than the note/tap after some minutes.
so it'd be nice if there's an option for turning off/on this func.
i hope the beat's developers will read this and take in the suggestion, not like the other spamming posts.
thanks 4 reading
leon1z

Re: Audio resync

Postby keripo on Aug 1st, '11, 01:56

leon1z wrote:I've been playing Beats for a quite time now, and i've found something.
it's about the audio resync in option>Advance. I have tested various options, and then i discovered that because of this Audio resynce, the rhyme runs faster than the note/tap after some minutes.
so it'd be nice if there's an option for turning off/on this func.
i hope the beat's developers will read this and take in the suggestion, not like the other spamming posts.
thanks 4 reading

The audio resync actually only occurs during the beginning of the song and every time you pause/resume the song. There is no automatic syncing during the gameplay (meaning that 10 minutes into a song unpaused, there's the possibility that things will be out of sync).

In general, the off-sync issue is actually due to the Android OS music player's buggy reporting of the current time. Because I assume this will improve in the future, I don't plan on "fixing" Google's bugs. For reference, see Issue #11590: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=11590

~Keripo
keripo
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions