Playing Upsidedown

Ideas for the next release go here. Check the ToDo list before posting.

Playing Upsidedown

Postby MJM128 on Jun 13th, '11, 20:42

I just got the galaxy tab 10.1 (limited edition), and one annoying thing about honeycomb is that bottom bar is always there. You occasionally press it since it's so close to the bottom bar. A quick fix to this would be to flip the whole app upsidedown with a certain settings (honeycomb mode?) That way you will play it and the bar will be on the top and away from where you tap on the buttons while playing.
MJM128

Re: Playing Upsidedown

Postby Stasis on Jun 14th, '11, 08:58

Just asking, why not you change the tapbox placement to a higher location, such that it is further away from the notification bar. :)
Stasis

Re: Playing Upsidedown

Postby keripo on Jun 18th, '11, 03:12

MJM128 wrote:I just got the galaxy tab 10.1 (limited edition), and one annoying thing about honeycomb is that bottom bar is always there. You occasionally press it since it's so close to the bottom bar. A quick fix to this would be to flip the whole app upsidedown with a certain settings (honeycomb mode?) That way you will play it and the bar will be on the top and away from where you tap on the buttons while playing.

Interesting idea but that would go against design philosophy, especially when the issue is an operating system one and not an app one (there should be a setting to put the bottom bar up top - if not, I'm sure it'll be added eventually via some custom firmware mod). Simply changing the game to play upside down is not an easy task, especially when the game itself uses a lot of system stuff. I may look into it when I get my Galaxy Tab 10.1 though, but til then, try what Stasis suggests ; )

~Keripo
keripo
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions