error playing a stepmania sm file

Bugs/crashes/problems with Beats go here. Check the FAQ and use the search function before posting.

Re: error playing a stepmania sm file

Postby keripo on Mar 24th, '11, 00:23

It seems that DancingMonkey doesn't correctly terminate holds either (or my parser is just bad...)

However I implement my step pattern generator, it will most likely be very much based off of DancingMonkey's code, but I'll make sure it adheres to the standards specified on the 3.9 .SM format page. Always keep in mind that Beats is a CLONE, not a PORT, and hence it will 100% reflect gameplay experience with StepMania 3.9, 4.0, sm-ssc, etc. 100% accuracy is not the goal of the project; an advanced rhythm game experience on your Android phone is.

~Keripo
keripo
Site Admin

Postby xwingace on Mar 24th, '11, 01:47

I came to Beats from Elite Beat Agents and Guitar Hero. I was aware of Osu and Stepmania, but I haven't played much of either (my laptop isn't really suitable for them). In fact, I installed Stepmania to be able to run Dancing Monkeys. I may be using it to slightly alter the DM stepfiles (DM does holds?) if I ever get around to do more than just play around. But I have no expectations of gameplay in that direction.

From what I've seen of Dancing Monkeys, I do like the generated stepfiles, but it does take a while to calculate BPM, if it finds a BPM at all.

XWA
Anti-spam mod. PM me if you think I missed something.
xwingace

Postby magnothus on Aug 2nd, '11, 21:32

Hi,
I made a new .sm file using stepmania, the song works seamlessly on stepmania, but when i copy it to beats portable on y phone, it says

Error:Failed to parse stepfile
Error Message: No Supported notes data found.

where did i go wrong?
magnothus

Postby xwingace on Aug 7th, '11, 01:24

magnothus wrote:Hi,
I made a new .sm file using stepmania, the song works seamlessly on stepmania, but when i copy it to beats portable on y phone, it says

Error:Failed to parse stepfile
Error Message: No Supported notes data found.

where did i go wrong?

I got this same error on a stepfile I downloaded a while back. When I opened the .sm file in notepad, I saw this before the 'normal' notes data:

//---------------dance-single - ----------------
#NOTES:
dance-single:
:
Edit:
1:
0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000:
;

After I'd removed that, the file played normally on Beats. Could that be the case for you?

XWA
Anti-spam mod. PM me if you think I missed something.
xwingace

Postby magnothus on Aug 30th, '11, 04:25

I do what you told me, and remove the last sentence.. and it worked thank so much :D
magnothus

Previous

Return to Support