Few questions for a noob plz

General discussion of Beats goes here.

Few questions for a noob plz

Postby DJ NiveK on Apr 4th, '11, 15:14

okay this might sound weird but I don't even have a Android powered phone Yet, I have a iPhone 4 and I am getting a Xperia Play which has Gingerbread installed.

Could this app be installed on that?

Does your guys app support "Themes" and "NoteSkins" ? cause I really like TapMania for that

would this work in Landscape mode with the D-pad and X O [] /\ buttons? I really loved PSPRevolution because it was like playing DDR with a ps2 controller...

does this game support Rolls, holds, mines, bpm changes, -bpm changes, extremely high bpm changes (1234567890bpm for stop tricks)???

Thanks guys for the help
DJ NiveK

Re: Few questions for a noob plz

Postby Glas on Apr 4th, '11, 17:06

DJ NiveK wrote:okay this might sound weird but I don't even have a Android powered phone Yet, I have a iPhone 4 and I am getting a Xperia Play which has Gingerbread installed.

Could this app be installed on that?

Does your guys app support "Themes" and "NoteSkins" ? cause I really like TapMania for that

would this work in Landscape mode with the D-pad and X O [] /\ buttons? I really loved PSPRevolution because it was like playing DDR with a ps2 controller...

does this game support Rolls, holds, mines, bpm changes, -bpm changes, extremely high bpm changes (1234567890bpm for stop tricks)???

Thanks guys for the help

Dunno, Iphones are for hipsters
There are no support for themes and noteskins yet but is TBA
Landscape mode works =)
Only holds and bpm changes
Glas

Postby keripo on Apr 5th, '11, 16:01

DJ NiveK wrote:Could this app be installed on that?

If its 1.5 or higher and has a touchscreen, yes.

No, not yet (that's a feature that will be supported later after the main game is complete).

Point me to the documentation of how the XO[]/\ buttons are mapped and I can easily add support for that. The D-pad should work out-of-the-box though.

Holds yes, everything else no. Its a StepMania clone, not a port, so implementation is different. Stepfiles with tricky step pattern hacks will not run properly on Beats, nor do I plan on supporting them (even sm-ssc implements them differently I believe from SM 3.9).

Keep in mind that Beats is meant to be a completely different rhythm game engine/simulator from DDR/StepMania/etc. so do not compare them directly or expect exact cloned behaviour.

Hope you end up choosing Android over iOS ; )

~Keripo
keripo
Site Admin

Postby DJ NiveK on Apr 5th, '11, 23:11

1.5? i dont really know about android so much, i think it has 2.3 if thats what your talking about

I just liked the fact that TapMania spretty much had all that covered, but I guess u cant have it all lol.

Thanks for the reply!
DJ NiveK

Return to General